Dr. Bhushan Ghodke completed his MBBS from K.J.Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre (Mumbai) , with a distinction in final year.
He did his MS in Ophthalmology from the prestigious Government Medical College (Nagpur), and was MUHS University Topper (Theory) in the state of Maharashtra.
Always wanting to contribute to the society, Dr. Ghodke completed his 3 years long-term fellowship in Cornea-Refractive surgery from highly renowned and world’s largest eye care provider, Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust, Chitrakoot (India). During fellowship, he has performed thousands of successful cataract surgeries in the most complex of eye conditions. He considers himself fortunate to have successfully transplanted more than 100 corneas to the neediest patients, majority of whom were having only one seeing eye. He was also trained under Phacoemulsification Development Program by Alcon, which is considered as one of the best surgical teaching programs all over the country.
- Bell Pharma award for ‘Best Free Paper’ at Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society conference held in 2012.
- I.B.Goel award for ‘Best Free Paper’ on ‘Pediatric Corneal Transplants’ research at Madhya Pradesh Ophthalmological Society conference in 2017.
- Phaco-Refractive Research fellowship under Dr. Sri Ganesh (Nethradhama Eye Hospital, Bengaluru, India), who is a world renowned Phaco-Refractive surgeon.
- Winner of ‘Eye-Q’ intrastate Ophthalmic Quiz.
- He cleared a second degree in Ophthalmology, DNB Ophthalmology, in addition to MS Ophthalmology.
- Furthermore, he cleared all three steps of FICO exam, which stands for ‘Fellowship of International Council of Ophthalmology’
- He was part of two innovative research projects on ‘SMILE’ (Small Incision Lenticular Extraction – a flapless refractive surgery) under the guidance of Dr Sri Ganesh.
- Presented over 30 Free papers, Posters, Surgical Videos at various National and State conferences.
- He has 4 publications in peer-reviewed International Journals, 2 of which are published in the ‘CORNEA’ journal.
- He attended the Workshop on ‘Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK) surgery (selective transplant of innermost layer of Cornea), under Dr. JK Reddy, who is one of the pioneers in DMEK surgery.
- He is a Member of the prestigious ‘Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) Ophthalmology (MRCSEd Ophth).
- He is a member of All India Ophthalmological Society, Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society, Madhya Pradesh Ophthalmological Society, Nagpur Ophthalmic Association, Cornea Society of India (CSI).
Presently, Dr. Ghodke is a Medical Director of Iksha Eye Care – A Superspeciality Eye Hospital, conveniently located at one of the prime locations of Andheri West – Four Bungalows. Iksha Eye Care is a small attempt to provide a one-stop solution for the Best-in-class standardized services by a team of highly skilled eye care super-specialists.
He is fluent in English, Marathi, and Hindi.