Retina Treatment in Mumbai
What is Retina?
The retina is a thin layer of sensory tissue that lines the inner surface of the back of the eye. Located near the optic nerve, the purpose of the retina is to receive light, convert light into neural signals and send these signals to the brain so that you can see. The retina acts like a film or image sensor in a camera.
Several local and systemic diseases affect retina and reduces one’s vision.
- Black spots like insects/cobwebs floating in front of eye
- Flashes of light like a lightening in one or both eyes
- Gradual decrease in vision over few months/years
- Blurred or distorted vision (straight line looks wavy)
Consult your doctor right away when you experience
- Diabetes mellitus
- Injury to the eye, tumors or inflammatory disorders
- Family history of retinal diseases
When to see a
Seek immediate medical attention if you are experiencing the signs or symptoms of retinal damage. Book an appointment with our retina eye specialists in Mumbai today.