Experienced Eye Specialist in Mumbai
Dr. Bhushan Ghodke
[MBBS, MS (Ophth), DNB, FCRS, FICO, MRCSEd (Ophth)]
Specialised in Cornea, Cataract, & LASIK surgery specialist
Dr. Bhushan Ghodke completed his MBBS from K.J.Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre (Mumbai) , with a distinction in final year. He did his Master of Surgery in Ophthalmology from the prestigious Government Medical College (Nagpur), and was MUHS University Topper (Theory) in the state of Maharashtra. With a keen interest in doing a superspeciality in ophthalmology, Dr. Ghodke completed his 3 year long-term comprehensive fellowship with a speciality training in Cornea-Refractive surgery from the highly renowned and world’s largest eye care provider, Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust, Chitrakoot (India). During fellowship, he has performed thousands of successful cataract surgeries in the most complex of eye conditions. He considers himself fortunate to have successfully transplanted hundreds of corneas to the neediest patients, majority of whom were having only one eye to lead their respective lives. He was also trained under Phacoemulsification Development Program by Alcon, which is considered as one of the best surgical teaching programs in cataract all over the country.
- Bell Pharma award for ‘Best Free Paper’ at Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society conference held in 2012.
- Dr. I.B.Goel award for ‘Best Free Paper’ on ‘Pediatric Corneal Transplants’ research at Madhya Pradesh Ophthalmological Society conference in 2017.
- Phaco-Refractive Research fellowship under Dr. Sri Ganesh (Nethradhama Eye Hospital, Bengaluru, India), who is a world renowned Phaco-Refractive surgeon.
- Winner of ‘Eye-Q’ intrastate Ophthalmic Quiz.
- He achieved a second degree in Ophthalmology - DNB Ophthalmology, in addition to MS Ophthalmology.
- Furthermore, he cleared all three steps of FICO exam, which stands for ‘Fellowship of International Council of Ophthalmology’.
- He was part of two innovative research projects on ‘SMILE’ (Small Incision Lenticular Extraction – a flapless refractive surgery) – the latest, flapless, and bladeless procedure to get rid of glasses, under the guidance of Dr Sri Ganesh who is one of the internationals authorities in SMILE refractive surgery.
- He has been trained in SMILE by world-renowned SMILE surgeon, Dr Rupal Shah, who is considered as the ‘Mother of SMILE SURGERY’
- Presented over 30 Free papers, Posters, Surgical Videos at various National and State conferences.
- He has 4 publications in peer-reviewed International Journals, 2 of which are published in the ‘CORNEA’ journal.
- He has attended the Workshop on ‘Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK) surgery (selective transplant of innermost layer of Cornea), under Dr. JK Reddy, who is one of the pioneers in DMEK surgery.
- He is a Member of the prestigious ‘Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) Ophthalmology (MRCSEd Ophth).
- He is a member of All India Ophthalmological Society, Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society, Madhya Pradesh Ophthalmological Society, Nagpur Ophthalmic Association, Cornea Society of India (CSI).
Presently, Dr. Ghodke is a Medical Director of Iksha Eye Care - A Superspeciality Eye
Hospital, conveniently located at prime locations in Mumbai – Four Bungalows (Andheri
West) and Juhu (Santacruz West). Iksha Eye Care is a small attempt to provide a one-stop
solution for the Best-in-class standardized services by a team of highly skilled eye care super-
He is fluent in English, Marathi, and Hindi.
Dr. Pooja Ghodke
Director, Iksha Eye Care
[MBBS, MS (Ophth) (Gold Medallist), DNB, FPOS, FICO, MRCSEd (Ophth)]
Specialised in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Squint Surgery specialist
Dr. Pooja Ghodke completed both, her MBBS and Masters of Surgery in
Ophthalmology (MS Ophth), from the prestigious Government Medical College, (Nagpur)
Maharashtra, with distinction in MBBS.
She was awarded ‘GOLD MEDAL’ by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) for securing ‘First Rank’ in the entire state of Maharashtra. She further served her compulsory Government Bond at Municipal Eye Hospital (Mumbai), which is the only BMC-run hospital exclusively for Eye care.
As she always wanted to dedicate her work in the field of ‘Child Eye Care’, she further completed her long-term comprehensive fellowship (3 years) with a superspeciality in ‘Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus’ services from World's Largest Eye care facility- Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust, Chitrakoot. Madhya Pradesh, under the able guidance of her mentor- Dr.Pradhnya Sen. During fellowship, she worked at the remotest areas of India by attending free eye camps and free school screening programs conducted by the institute. In addition to thousands of successful cataract surgeries, she has a vast surgical experience in Pediatric Ophthalmology with hundreds of complicated squint surgeries and over 200 pediatric cataracts (as young as a 4-year-old child), and numerous complex Pediatric Corneal and Oculoplasty surgeries. Her keen area of interest is Pediatric Glaucoma, in which she completed her Research projects - Ologen in Pediatric Glaucoma.
- ‘Gold Medal’ in MS Ophthalmology by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS).
- ‘Best Free Paper’ on ‘Ocular Trauma’ research at Vidharbha Ophthalmological Society conference in 2012.
- Successfully trained under Phacoemulsification Development Program by Alcon, which is considered as one of the best surgical teaching programs in cataract all over the country.
- She has achieved a second degree in Ophthalmology, DNB Ophthalmology, in addition to MS Ophthalmology.
- Furthermore, she cleared all three steps of FICO exam, which stands for ‘Fellowship of International Council of Ophthalmology’
- Presented many Free papers, Posters, Surgical Videos at various National and State conferences.
- She is a Member of the prestigious ‘Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) Ophthalmology (MRCSEd Ophth).
- She is a Life member of All India Ophthalmological Society, Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society, Madhya Pradesh Ophthalmological Society, Nagpur Ophthalmic Association.
Presently, she is a Director of Iksha Eye Care - A Superspeciality Eye Hospital, conveniently
located at prime locations of Mumbai – Four Bungalows (Andheri West) and Juhu (Santacruz
West). Iksha Eye Care is a small attempt to provide a one-stop solution for the Best-in-class
standardized services by a team of highly skilled eye care super-specialists.
She is fluent in English, Hindi, and Marathi.
Dr Dhanashree Mane Dhabalia
MBBS, MS (Ophth)
Specialised in Vitreo-Retina Surgeon
With 13 years of invaluable experience, Dr. Dhanashree Mane Dhabalia is a distinguished Vitreo-Retina Surgeon dedicated to preserving and enhancing the gift of sight.
Dr. Dhanashree embarked on her journey in the field of eye care by obtaining her MBBS from the prestigious Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences in Karad. Her passion for ophthalmology led her to pursue further specialisation. She honed her skills with a Diploma in Ophthalmology from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, a renowned institution in the field.
Furthering her expertise, Dr. Dhanashree completed a fellowship in Vitreo-Retina Surgery from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai. Her dedication and commitment to her profession were acknowledged with the prestigious Fellow of the International Council of Ophthalmology, UK.
Contributions to Ophthalmology: During her tenure in Chennai, Dr. Dhanashree actively participated in numerous national and international conferences, showcasing her knowledge and sharing insights with peers. She has also authored several publications, adding to the collective wisdom of the ophthalmic community.
Expertise: Dr Dhanashree's skill set is truly remarkable. She is proficient in performing complex retinal surgeries, including but not limited to retinal detachments, macular hole repairs, and scleral-fixated intraocular lens (IOL) implantation. Her unwavering commitment to excellence in eye care has earned her the trust of countless patients seeking the best in Vitreo-Retina Surgery.
With a deep-rooted passion for restoring and preserving vision, Dr. Dhanashree Mane Dhabalia stands as a beacon of hope for those in need of specialised eye care. Her dedication, knowledge, and extensive experience make her a sought-after Vitreo-Retina Surgeon in the field of ophthalmology.
Dr. Gunjan Rathi Kelkar
Dr Gunjan Rathi is an Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon and Ocular Oncologist
practicing in Mumbai, India. Dr Gunjan has a strong academic background
and expertise in performing basic and advanced lid, orbit and aesthetic
Dr Rathi has several publications in national and international peer reviewed journals. She, with her sound training , sharp skills and focus on perfection has delivered optimal outcomes to thousands of satisfied patients.
Dr Rathi has completed her undergraduation from Government Medical College, Nagpur. She then did her M.S. in Ophthalmology from Baroda Medical College. She also obtained the degrees of DNB Ophthalmology and FICO from the International Council of Ophthalmology, UK after post graduation. She has further acquired specialisation in Ophthalmic plastic surgery, Ocular oncology and Orbital surgery from the prestigious Aravind Eye Institute , Madurai.
She is a life member of many professional bodies; namely the All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS), the Oculoplastics Association of India (OPAI) , the Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society the Bombay Ophthalmologists' Association (BOA) and Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS).